Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Nail Challenge - Use French Tip designs

So for this weeks challenge in Adventures in Stamping, we were to use any plate with the French tip designs.  This was my first time doing a full mani with french tip plates so I was more than willing to take on this new challenge.

I started with a new base coat (had some minor splitting on my right hand, and wanted to get something to try to help repair)  So I picked up some Sally Hansen (I'm a Sally freak!!) Salon Manicure Base coat.  I am trying this on for size and will let you know what I think after at least a week of wear.

I then decided to keep a more traditional French Manicure style and sponged just my tips with several coats of Orly "Decades of Dysfunction".  This is a Great off white cream with just a hint O' pink.  I may need to buy a back up bottle just in case it goes MIA (as with any polish I fall in love with seems to do!!!)

I was getting ready to stamp with my french tip design and couldn't resist the beauty that was staring at me from my work station (impulse buy when I picked up the new base coat.)  so I ended up adding extra bling by doing a gradient with Orly "You are not alone"  Beautiful glitter in Pink for Breast Cancer awareness.

Sadly, I didn't get pictures of the before stamping with either of the Orly's.

I then stamped with Sally Hansen's Insta Dry in "Silver Sweep" using plate BM-218.




As you will notice, I couldn't leave well enough alone and decided that I needed accent fingers so on my thumbs and ring finger I added stars from BM-05 using Kleancolor Metallic Red then accented further using purple rhinestones in the shape of stars.  I essentially turned my Sunday challenge into a Breast Cancer Tribute through nails.

Hope you enjoyed this weeks glimpse into my stamping and polish addiction.  Stay tuned because I went on a major nail spending spree and will be posting my first "haul" post.  Which also means that I am "officially" on a NO BUY for the entire month of October, man is it going to be a LOOOONNNGGG Month!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment